Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

When I awoke this morning, the left side of my cats neck was

Customer Question

When I awoke this morning, the left side of my cats neck was swollen, he had some drooling, and nasal congestion. He is also sneezing intermittently.
JA: The veterinarian will know what to do with the runny nose. Have there been any changes in the cat's appearance or diet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: No It is my daughters cat and I am unsure of the vaccination status of the cat.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is this cat inside only?

Can you attach a few pictures of what you're seeing?

How old is this kitty?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He was up until recently. He has been sneaking out with the dogs occassionally. Unforunately, I cannot send pictures as I am work right now. Opy is just under a year old.

I apologize for the delay, JACustomer. I did not receive notification that you had replied.

My two concerns without seeing any pictures would be a tooth root abscess (he's a little young) and an abscess from a cat bite or scratch. I think I can advise you best with a picture. Do you want to try to attach one later today?