Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Shes an 8 year old Belanise, medium to large size. She's

Customer Question

Shes an 8 year old Belanise, medium to large size. She's normally active, but yesterday she just sat in our porch chair all day. I pet her and rubbed her but she hisssed when I tried to pick her up. I took her inside and she ate but climbed on her pad and looks like she stayed there all night. She's spayed but she pawed her pad a lot and flicked her tail but wouldn't let me pick her up. Opened the door she got up went outside slower than normal but not wobbly, got back in the chair again in sunshine and didn't move. She's far more active than this. She's not meowing but purring as normal but seems lethargic. Only thing different I did over past weeks was was changing her diet from dry and wet cheaper food to blue buffalo dry and wet. Didn't seem to bother her she ate both. No vomiting or throwing up but she pooped outside her box once. Not sure what's going on?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the Balinese?
Customer: Only she's predominantly an outside cat. Hasn't been sick before and although she drinks fresh water she likes to drink out of the neighbors bird bath on ocaasion for water but that's all I can think of.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Does she go outside every day?

Where does she potty? outside or litter box indoors?

What color are her gums?

What and when did she eat last?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
she goes out everyday. Mostly in her litter box. Never see her potty outside. Her gums are pink. She was outside in the yard when I checked her gums but I pet her and rubbed her neck but when lightly scratched her back she arched an hissed. She purred hard and paw played a little with me but just laid in the sunshine. She nibbled a little soft from the soft CAN she had last night and some hard food.
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.

She may have a fever. Normal for a cat is 100 -102.5.If she does apply a cold compress to her tummy and pads.

As long as she is eating she is not feeling too bad.

Feel all over her body for any pain response. If she hisses when you touch a spot part the fur and look for a woun or scratch. Check inside her mouth for any stuck item, oral sore or any abnormalities.

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a dish and let her lap it up for hydration. If she does offer some tuna.

Offer her canned food or baby food with no onion powder.

Please let me know how she is doing .I will be here for you all day!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I'd prefer to text.
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Do you want to text here or by phone?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I did not receive an answer.
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

I posted an answer. Do you want me to send it again?

REPOST:

Kind regards,

Terri