Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Cat vomits daily and spits up mucus and sounds like fluid in

Customer Question

cat vomits daily and spits up mucus and sounds like fluid in lungs. throws up after being petted and purring.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No. we are very worried. Took to vet said enzymes were normal and had a stone on x-ray.
JA: OK. The veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: the vet did not offer any cure or advise. that is all he said. going to a different vet.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

I'm sorry you're worried about your furry boy. What is his name and how old is he?

Where was the stone found and how big is it?

What food does he eat?

Does he go outside at all?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me a short time to compose and send your detailed answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cat is a femal about 10 years old and does not go outdoors. The stone was a gallstone about the size of a quarter on the x-ray. The cat eats dry food only made for sensitive stomach.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Hello again, and thanks for your very helpful reply.

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted back.

Definitely plan to make an appointment with another vet (good move!), but ask your present vet for a referral to a gastroenterology veterinary specialist. Specialists are usually found at ER vet centers.

The gallstone may be related to the symptoms you described and either need to be dissolved with medication or removed surgically. If there is an infection, as well, antibiotics will be prescribed. A specialist will know what the next step should be, after seeing the x-ray and/or doing other imaging, like an ultrasound. Here is more information for you to read:

http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/digestive/c_ct_cholelithiasis?page=show

---------------

I hope all will be well with your furry girl and please let me know how she's doing and what the specialist tells you. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher