Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat either poop or vomit small little, it is not feces.

Customer Question

My cat either poop or vomit small little balls, it is not feces.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: One is names hold and the the other bronze
JA: How old is names?
Customer: They are two brothers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about names?
Customer: I adopt them from aspca
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

I'm sorry one of your kitties is worrying you with his symptoms.

I need to ask a few questions to better assess the situation:

How old are Gold(?) and Bronze?

Which one is vomiting?

When you say he either poops or vomits small little balls, do you mean when he can't poop, he vomits these small balls?

Do the small balls in the vomit look like undigested food and/or fur?

Does he ever vomit directly after eating? Does he seem to eat quickly?

How long do you have them?

What food do they eat?

Do they spend any time outside?

Thanks for your additional information. After you reply, I will send my detailed answer

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

I was hoping to get a little more information from you, but I didn't want you to wait any longer for an answer.

It's possible that the little balls you're seeing when your kitty throws up, could be undigested food, especially if this happens right after or shortly after eating. He may be eating too fast and this would be 'regurgitation', not vomiting. The balls could also be food mixed with fur (like a hairball) or just a hairball. If he self-grooms every day, he may be swallowing a lot of fur; he may be grooming his brother, also. You can give him some hairball remedy like Petromalt or Laxatone, according to the directions on the box; these are found in pet supply stores. This will help the fur move through his system better.

He also may be nibbling on a plant or flowers or some other non-food item, which is causing him to be sick.

If you've noticed that he's having trouble pooping or his stool is coming out in small, dry, hard balls,and might be constipated, he may not be drinking enough and may be dehydrated, especially if he eats only dry food. High quality canned food is best for cats, although they can have small amounts of grain-free quality dry food for 'grazing,' as cats love to do.

You also might, just for the moment, give him 1/4 of a 10mg. Pepcid AC tablet, to help calm his stomach and his nausea. The generic name is ***** ***** pharmacies, supermarkets, Walmart, etc. carries them. You can hide the pill in a small 'meatball' of canned cat food or put it in a tablespoon of plain jarred baby food chicken containing NO onion or garlic products. Beechnut Stage 1 Chicken is a good one.

A cat drinking fountain is usually successful, as cats love to drink from a moving water source.

It would be a good idea to have your kitty seen by a vet, asap, to get a diagnosis and treatment, if needed.

I hope all will be well with your furry boys!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Just a quick follow-up to see how everything is going with your kitty. Did you find my answer helpful?