Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Very little pee in liter box not eating or drinking

Customer Question

very little pee in liter box not eating or drinking
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

How long is Ki like this?

Was he scripted an antibiotic and given subQ fluids?

When did he see a vet?

What does he usually eat?

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jeff,

I do not want to alarm you but I am very concerned about your boy.These are very serious and can even be life threatening symptoms Any time a cat use his box and stops eating, he is either sick or in pain.

You should take Ki back to the vet ASAP. - I think he has a urinary tract infection and is in danger of becoming blocked.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2142&aid=3601

UTI's are serious in males because they are caused by sticky crystals in the bladder.At any time they can block the urethra.Since this is going on a while your boy is in great danger.Cats are very stoic animals so he may not cry out.

If he becomes unable to urinate that is a MEDICAL EMERGENCY . His bladder could burst and he would have to be catheterized to save his life.He needs subQ fluids and antibiotics. He must be hospitalized until he can urinate freely and starts eating.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri