Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

She has developed a pink ring around her eyes about 1/4 inch

Customer Question

She has developed a pink ring around her eyes about 1/4 inch away from the eye itself. I've seen her paw at it recently.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Leia. She's 2.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Leia?
Customer: This just developed recently after an exam and dental cleaning at the vet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you post a clear photo of what you're seeing?

When was her dental cleaning?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This it's the best photo I could get. She won't stop moving. Her cleaning was last week.

The eye looks irritated but does not appear to be in a condition that would necessitate an ER visit this evening.

It's fairly common with pets who have recently undergone a sedated medical procedure for them to have some eye irritation. If this persists into tomorrow, I would ask your vet to recheck the eye to ensure that there is not a minor ulcer developing from an area of dryness that may have occurred while she was asleep for her procedure. Sometimes eye ointment is needed to calm the irritation. In the meanwhile, you can use a cool compress on the eye to help alleviate some of the discomfort. If needed, she can be placed into an e-collar until your vet can examine the eye for foreign material/ulcerations. Here are instructions, if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFWPH17u0eU

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is Leia's eye today?