Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have had a strat car for alprox 2-3 weeks and i thought

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have had a strat car for alprox 2-3 weeks and i thought she felt pregnant. I can feel about 4 lump size (kittens) in her tummy but they havnt chabged at all since weve had bee. They dont seem to move either. This cat appear healthy approx 6 mnths old and super playful snd affectionate
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: Ok
JA: What else should I tell the Veterinarian?
Customer: I wonder if she has dead kittens. The cat doesnt show any signs of sickness
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Bless you for helping her!

Do her nipples look very pink?

Is she eating and eliminating normally?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sheis eating well and drinking a lot as its cool weather and we have the heater on often. She doesnt want to go far from iur front door and is happy to stay inside. She especially crazy active and always playful. Nipples are small and nit deeper pink than a regular cat. Looks to have a tattoo in her left ear looks like a circle with dits very faint. We initially took her to the vet 3 weeks ago to check her for a microchip because shes so friendly - but vet said we'd have to surrender her as a stray before they woukd check and that she'd go to the pound if no microchip so we refused to hand her over and advertised locally. Weve had many stray cats over the past 20 years, there are so many near our home. Im worried sge may have some stomach problem as the lumps feel like the size of 5-6 week kitten x 3 (im not an expert) but when im still i cant feel them move. I can move them. I wonder why they havnt (her stomach, nipples ) hasnt grown and if there may be some tumors?..sge is very affectionate and playful fir a kitten seems normal, only cautious of the outdoors.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.

Cats have two uterine horns so you may be feeling kittens in each. It is also possible she has given birth or had a miscarriage.

If she is pregnant her nipples will look like this:

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=pregnant+cats+nipples+pic&v_t=client97_inbox

I don't think she has dead kittens because if she did she would be quite ill. Since she is eating well and playful this does not sound likely.

Stages of pregnancy:

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-health-5-stages-cat-pregnancy

At this point I would wait and see. Cats carry for about 63 days. If nothing changes in two weeks you can have her spayed. Try to keep her indoors if possible.

Please let me know how she is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks terri, i will wait 2 weeks because she is acting so playful and healthy. I dont think shes already had kittens because her nipples look normal. My labrador had puppies in April and everything was super clear, large nipples, appetite, vomiting near the end, nesting - so im watching for the signs. Ive been wondering if our house has been a safety nest for this kitten. I would be happy to leave positive feedback. This is my first time using this site - and hope to continue asking questions especially with an animal who's history i have no idea! Also i live in Melbourne, long way. Thank you ��
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

you are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

This is a one time charge so feel free to reply anytime and I will always be here for you.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had today? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

How is she today?