Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat Gracie is getting better but she still not eating do

Customer Question

My cat Gracie is getting better but she still not eating do you think she should be on an antibiotic or she's better she's drinking but not eating and i gave her some very fishy tuna in water and others but she only eats what she is use too. she's very regimented about that.but she can't smell. What should i do. i have rheumatoid arthristis and i can't get out and she won't let anyone pick her up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

when you can go out and get jars of baby food chicken, turkey, beef with no onion powder. Warm it to bring out the aroma. Mot cats LOVE that and will eat it.

In the meantime what do you have in the house that she is used to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just her dried food which all she will ever eat. I heated some chicken baby food but i had to force feed her and she took off after just a little bit
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Did she eat any dry food or tuna?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I still have to force feed her and she is on an antibiotic. It's very hard to get her because I am disabled and she is very quick. No one can get her ugh
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

The antibiotic should help after 4 doses.

Try warming the food again after she has had 2 days of meds. Sometimes the smell stimulates the appetite sensors in the brain.

Please keep me posted.