Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience as a veterinary practice owner working with cats. I am happy to give you practical information.
16881297

He gets really wild and bites-actually I'm afraid of him

Customer Question

He gets really wild and bites-actually I'm afraid of him then
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: nohing other wise
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: he doesn't--it is me that hurts--I of cours
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: rea him of course and get the bottle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is a common aggression in kittens and some cats and they think they are playing without knowing that they are hurting you.The first thing to do is to purchase a product at the pet store called Feliway. This is a feline pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help your guy past this. Get lots of toys and toys that last a long time such as feline kongs. They act this way because they are bored so we often recommend that you get another kitten or cat to keep him busy. These are known as Diversion techniques.
Avoidance is the next technique. You can often read your cat and know when he will start this behavior...this is when you leave or stop playing.
the good news is that this behavior will stop as your guy matures or gets involved in something else so be patient.
This LINK has other tips.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta