Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

She was diagnosed yesterday with a likely bladder stone. Vet

Customer Question

She was diagnosed yesterday with a likely bladder stone. Vet said her ballder was not full 24 hours ago, and he gave her a 200cc bolus of lactacted riingers, sub-q, to flush the blood from her system. Started Amoxicillin and Buprenorphine. She ate last night and ths morning, have not seen her drinking and she has had very little urine output.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: She is quiet but alert, allows me to rub her tummy, is not feverish. Peanut, she is about 13 yers old and has never had any health issues.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Peanut
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peanut?
Customer: She weighs about 8 lbs. I have her sister here, too. I have been able to monitor the litter boxes very closely, and I have seen her leave drops of urine, and one stool in 24 houors.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to hear of Peanut's diagnosis. Is your main concern today the fact that she has not produced urine well in the last 24 hours?

How was she feeling prior? Was she eating and drinking well?

Has your vet educated you on how to check the fullness of a bladder?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am concerned about kidney function.
She was eating, drinking, normal behavior until Monday morning. She spent abou an hour running to the litter box, did not eat. Then she perked up and seemed fine until Tuesday afternoon when she repeated the behavior, and was clearly uncomfortable (crouching, breathing shallow).
No, he did not teach me to check her bladder. I have been palpating her lower abdomen and feel nothing that I think is a full bladder - she is not tender to my touch.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No - I do not want the added expense of a phone call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it appears that if I do not want a free trial to a $$22/month service, and I don't want a $28 phone call, I am persona non-grata. Thanks for nothing. I will be requesting my $22 back, per your 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Im still here. It takes a few moments between your reply and when we see the transmission on our end.

I'll be happy to have customer service process your request. Good luck!