Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Well her kidneys were shutting down 1week ago and she was

Customer Question

Well her kidneys were shutting down 1week ago and she was saved by a vet and now walks very stiff, won't bury her poop, and barely plays at all and will barely jump
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Her whole personality has changed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: No. her name is Katie
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hi, Katie. I am so sorry to hear that your girl's personality has changed. This is quite common when pets are not feeling their best. Can you give me some additional info on her care?

1) What therapy was elected which 'saved her life'?
2) When were her kidney values last checked?
3) Is she feeling better or worse since treatment?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She is feeling better and they used a cath and flushed her out

Regular checks of her kidney values will be imperative in the months to come. Until she is feeling greatly improved, she will likely not resume her normal activities. It's not uncommon for them to act stiff, avoiding burying their waste and avoid activities like playing and jumping. She may regain the desire and she may not, this will depend both on her and the success of her treatment.

When were her kidney values last checked?