nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on any species.
60269376

I have just found one flea he had been treated on the 30th

Customer Question

I have just found one flea he had been treated on the 30th September can I do the next treatment now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: He is called Elvis and is 11 weeks tomorrow I was given stronghold by the vet
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Elvis?
Customer: No he had a check up last week and is having his first vaccination tomorrow
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, you can treat with the Stronghold at this point safely. Though if you are starting to see fleas sooner as you are here, it'd be ideal to discuss an alternative product for his next treatment as this may be a early clue that the local fleas are becoming resistant to this product.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )