Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My femal cat has an inflamed red vagiana she is one year old

Customer Question

Hello,my femal cat has an inflamed red vagiana she is one year old and she is spayed she is eating and playing but when i try to hold her to see her vagina she growls
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is she grooming this area obsessively?
2) Any blood in her urine?
3) Is she still eating and drinking well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is not grooming so much
I saw No blood thank god
Yes she eats and drinkk wellI have another spayed boy who is peeing little amounts so many times but there is no blood and not crying in litter box and he is eating well and drinking but im worried he is begening to have UTI problems what should i do to avoid having thhis , i increased his water intake and started giving him apple cider viniger with his food to prevent any crystals or stones, also im having a nightmare with ringworm any suggestions?

It sounds like both kiddos need to go to the vet.

She probably has a localized bacterial infection if her vulva is red and inflamed. This could be due to a UTI, too. Same thing with your boy, though his symptoms are much more pressing because he can block and be unable to urinate. Boys are at a higher risk for this due to their anatomy.

What food are you feeding them specifically?