Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

His head was just shaking while he was lying on the floor. I

Customer Question

His head was just shaking while he was lying on the floor. I haven't seen that happen to him before. He's 8 and I've had him since he was a couple days old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about He 's?
Customer: He's big. He weighs 23 pounds. We went to the vet about a month ago and he's been on a very reduced diet (1/2 cup dry food per day)
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Did the shaking seem involuntary?
2) Did he lose consciousness?
3) When was blood work last performed on him?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It seemed involuntary. He stayed conscious and even got up and walked around while shaking. His blood work is scheduled for next month. He went in for a general exam.

It may be wise to move the blood work up sooner and have him examined. You may be seeing mild seizure activity and there may be an underlying cause. I don't think there's any reason to rush him in to the ER, but seeing your vet would be wise. Typically even if seizure activity is being observed, treatment doesn't occur until its repeated. For this reason, I would begin logging these events and also trying to capture one on video so your vet can see what you're seeing.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 days ago.

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion?