PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

She was playing with a small pak of gel-type silica beads

she was playing with a small pak of gel-type silica beads that fell out of a box for moisture control. it says "dessicant" on pkg. I came in to room to find pak torn open & beads scattered on floor. Do not know if she ate any or was just playing. I have activated charcoal on hand--what do I do? Thank you so much for your help on this.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: her name is Jackie--don't know her age as she was stray. We've had her approx. 7 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jackie?
Customer: Several years ago she had bladder stones removed; is on Wysong Uretic Diet and has been doing great. Is in good health now. She normally does not eat strange things, but likes to play with them. This I am not sure about as I was not in room.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The contents of the desiccant packages are considered inert and non-toxic. However, if you notice any behavioral changes, vomiting, reduction in food interest, etc. she will need to be examined by your vet. Chances are that with the beads on the floor there will be little, if any, concern for her in the near future.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for response. Could you please tell me--I entered my c/c info for today's consultation only, not for monthly sign-up charges. Can you please verify?

I cannot. I only help customers like yourself. I can, however, contact customer service for you and will do that now. Be advised, this will lock the thread and keep me from responding to future posts you may make. Good luck!