Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I gave my 6 week old kitten a bath..he had lots of fleas

Customer Question

I gave my 6 week old kitten a bath..he had lots of fleas junk on him and could scrub it off, so I used veg. oil to greese him up...I wash him in dish soap and bath shampoo...then I wrapped him up and picked fleas off him...the whole thing took about an hour.
Now he only wants to sleep...he won't eat and it's been hours...he has been on my chest sleep most of the night...he did pee and poop but then started shivering...I wrapped him in my robe and he is back asleep on my chest...and he feels hotter than usual...did I kill him?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 12 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Did you apply the oil before or after the bath?
2) Did he ingest any oil?
3) When did he last eat and drink?