Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I just took in a couple of feral kittens (about 16 weeks

Customer Question

I just took in a couple of feral kittens (about 16 weeks old). I have had them for 4 days now. They were not fed for 3 days before trapping them, and they did not eat for the first 2 days after coming into my home. They yesterday, and today. I am feeding wet food with some water added to it. Neither of them have had a bowel movement since coming into my home. I am starting to really worry. Is this normal, maybe due to the stress and fear from all the changes in their lives so quickly or should I be seriously concerned for their health?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: They seem to be settling in better tonight, they seem to be doing very well other than not passing any stool. Neither of the kittens have attempted or strained to pass anything either that I've noticed.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 12 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are they eating well without signs of illness?