Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

He is pretty old 15 1sh and his max weight was about 23 lbs

Customer Question

He is pretty old 15 1sh and his max weight was about 23 lbs now 16.5. He has been off food for several months and he molted this past summer (now stopped molting). The vet says he is starting renal failure and has calcium in his blood? He is being given high blood pressure meds. His teeth are fine but all he will eat with food is the gravy or the oil on the tuna. I think he needs to eat more. Any thoughts
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Big! He showed up at the door about 10 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Big?
Customer: I am leaving on a trip and tomorrow I will take him in to the vet to be fed hourly. My cat sitter will see to him. He is social and alert and appears to want food but won't eat much ( maybe a tablespoon or so
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long ago was his last lab work? Has he been tested for thyroid disease?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
10 days and no thyroid disease
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I think this is a big mistake. please remove me from your service

Ok I will send you to customer service