Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

The temperature has been real hot (>95) and I do not have

Customer Question

the temperature has been real hot (>95) and I do not have air-conditioning. My cat started to vomit I did not become alarmed until today when the temperature is normal (75) and she continues to vomit. Her activity level is normal. The vomit looks like bile. yellow in color and mucus.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: no, I have two cats the other one is fine, they are on Science Diet. I mix hair ball and oral care, they eat when they want (I think they call that graze feeding)
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about that?
Customer: nothing I can think of, her eyes are clear and bright, not drainage from nose, and is using the litter box. I was hoping it was heat related. her paws are normal in temperature.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 23 days ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 23 days ago.

I do not think this is temperature related unless she got very hot.

It sounds more like a dietary issue causing nausea.

Give her one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours.

Remove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.

Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.

If she gets dehydrated give her tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
thanks Terri I'll try that. Really didn't want to take her to the vets as last time they went both came home with flees and a cough. Both cats are indoor cats, never go out. I do grown grass for them as they love it. I'll let you know how we make out.
Expert:  Terri replied 23 days ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person.

I understand how you feel. Cats pick up things a the vet plus they get very stressed.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. I will still be here for you at no additional charge

Expert:  Terri replied 21 days ago.
Hi Cynthia,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?