Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I have a 10 month old kitten. He dragged his on the carpet

Customer Question

I have a 10 month old kitten. He dragged his butt on the carpet so I lifted his tail and saw that it looks a little bloody. Not enough to wipe off. His appetite is ok, he's playful, he does seem to clean his rear often. I haven't been able to tell if his stool is runny, although when cleaning the litter I haven't noticed any runny stools ( he is from a litter of four, we took them into the house after the Queen had them in our dog house)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hello name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Bless you for saving Gordy and his litter mates.

I am sorry Gordy has this trouble.

Blood from the rectum is usually caused by worms.Most kittens are born with them

You can get an OTC wormer in Walmart any pet store or online at ebay or amazon.

Get Excel, Profender or Stronget

If you find Gordy does have loose stools add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to a jar of baby food chicken with no onion powder OR a can of cat food. Feed until his stool is normal for 24 hours.

Also give one half tsp a day of plain yogurt for good bacteria.

If he gets dehydrated give him tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you that he has had the worm treatment on his neck and the 3 syringes, 1 a day for 3 days. He also has revolution for fleas.
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

How long ago was his worm treatment?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
He got the 3 syringes about 3 weeks ago and the profender neck stuff 2 weeks ago, as so did his brother and sisters. Jacques, Rowdy, and Rebelle didn't get the 3 vials but they got the flea and profender. They also got the FVRCP ( I figure it's easier to find them homes if they have shots already)
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Bless you! YOU are AWESOME!

Wormer needs to be repeated in 3 weeks to kill hatching eggs.

Check again to make sure the blood came from his rectum and not his penis to rule out a UTI

Let me know what you discover.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
It's definitely the rectum
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

Thanks so much for checking.

If his stool is normal, retreat for worms.

If its loose treat for diarrhea

I do not think anything serious is wrong with him.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Terri replied 30 days ago.

You are more then welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Expert:  Terri replied 28 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gordy. How is everything going?