Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

Not eating back legs kinda stiff and very wobbly standing,

Customer Question

Not eating back legs kinda stiff and very wobbly standing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Lola about 9......I think, found 8 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lola?
Customer: She was in the vet last June....everything fine
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cher replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 29 days ago.

Hi again,

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Different experts are online at various times and I recently signed on and was notified of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

I'm so sorry Lola is exhibiting these symptoms.

Diabetes is one of the possible medical conditions that can cause weakness in the hind legs, due to diabetic neuropathy, and it can also decrease appetite. Another possibility is feline cardiomyopathy, which is a heart condition where a side effect is a blood clot that is formed in the main artery carrying blood to the hind region and causes weakness, paralysis, and/or pain in the hind legs. Check the color of her hind paw pads and if they are normally pink, see if they are bluish or purplish and colder than her front paw pads; this would indicate that no blood is reaching the area. Here is more information on both conditions:

There are many other underlying medical conditions that may cause these symptoms, so I hope you're able to have Lola seen by a vet or an ER vet, as soon as possible so she can be examined in person and treated after a diagnosis is made.

I hope all will be well with Lola!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Expert:  Cher replied 26 days ago.

Just a quick follow-up to see how everything is going with Lola. Did you find my answer helpful?