Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She is 5 weeks. She is pooping and crying, Princess and I

Customer Question

She is 5 weeks. She is pooping white and crying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Princess and I have her sister Buttercup. I have been bottle feeding them goats milk for 4 days since their mom disappeared
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Princess?
Customer: Not really. It sounds like her tummy hurts. She trirs to isolate herself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hello name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Bless you for saving Princess and her sister Buttercup.

The problem is caused by the goats milk. It is not good for cats and has upset her tummy.

A 5 week old kitten does not need any milk. She should be weaned and eating canned kitten food.

In the meantime go out and get a few jars of chicken baby food with no onion powder. Add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to each jar.

Feed ONLY that till the stool is normal for 48 hours. then begin canned kitten food.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,