Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is 3 yrs old and last evening he crawled up in my

Customer Question

My cat is 3 yrs old and last evening he crawled up in my husbands lap. He couldn't hardly open his eyes, and he is very lethargic. His eyes are runny. I have wiped his face and paws with a cool rag. He did eat some treats last night. (About 1 tablespoon) I have been giving him 1cc of water every hour. All he is doing is sleeping. That I know of he has not used the litter box since yesterday. He did seem somewhat better today, because he did raise his head this morning and jumped off the bed when I put out his dry cat food... he only nibbled at it... I don't have a thermometer, so can't take his temp.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Big Bubba
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bubba?
Customer: Not that I know of. He's a pretty normal cat! Very loving...
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into his gums and tell me if he perks up.

Is he an indoor kitty?