Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I'm trying to find information on an odor on my cat. It's

Customer Question

I'm trying to find information on an odor on my cat. It's like heated rubber (like the smell of a rubber-backed bathmat after it comes out of the dryer), and it's strongest on her paws when she's kneading me. There is no bathmat or anything she could have gotten on herself; it's coming from her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Winnie is 2 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Winnie?
Customer: She meows a lot, and she chews everything. She seems to be upset, which in the past for her, has indicated that she's not feeling well in some way. However, she's eating, urinating, defecating, and grooming normally.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Winnie. This is interesting. Do you feel she's licking / grooming her paws more than normal? Have there been any recent changes with the litter box? How long have you been noticing this odor?