Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Thank you for the great suggestions! I can't imagine

Customer Question

Thank you for the great suggestions! I can't imagine separating the Savannah from the two bengals for the day -- or fasting him so that his food gathering "game" would be more possible to do b/c of the one bengal's food allergies or to make him hungrier. If he's hungry, he let's us know by continuing to work on learning to open the refrigerator door. He learned how to open the pantry door! Child safe locks now on all the cupboards.I think a better route will be to come up with a "treat" food that isn't terribly caloric that everyone can have. Allergy kitty can have duck, venison, and rabbit. So we can feed duck hearts and such. Ewww but they like them. I don't want them to have so many of those -- too rich.Any suggestions for what we could use in these games that might work for all three? I can also get samples of the different hydrolized foods and see if they are a hit. Anything new is bound to be popular for a while if they're hungry. Just thinking that I might as well put more effort into entertaining the three of them. The bengals are bit older 4 & 10, so if they are bored they are better at finding something to do.What size Kong would you recommend for a 10 1/2 pound savannah? (He's a runt Savannah because of a birth defect and knee surgeries but no on told him!)
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are there any carbohydrate sources that are okay/not okay?
2) What is being fed currently for food? I'd like to take a look at the ingredient panel and see if I can come up with some treat options.