Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She seems alittle hot and is breathing heavy and hard .she

Customer Question

she seems alittle hot and is breathing heavy and hard .she has prednisone for asthma but only give when she needs it,. sounds like some fluid in her chest
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: shes seems like she has a temperature sounds like fluid in her chest heavy breathing agitated
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: kiah 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about kiah?
Customer: she gets congested from asthma don't know if I should give her prednisone with her breathing being heavy she takes 1.5 ml for her asthma
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. My name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Klah is having heavy breathing and has a history of asthma. She also feels a bit warm to you.

This is quite concerning. Prednisone is used frequently in cats with breathing problems and this could be related to her asthma. When was the last time she received her medication? Is she on it every day?

- Dr. H

Also does she seem lethargic?
Has she lost her appetite in the last 24 hrs?

- Dr. H

I have to step offline now so I will opt out of the chat for another expert to assist you further if needed. Best of luck with you and your pet.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry Kiah is not feeling well.

Can you please take a rectal temp for me?

Is she an indoor kitty?

What foods does she eat?