Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My male cat is licking his genitals and making a strange

Customer Question

My male cat is licking his genitals and making a strange meowing sound.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: for past two out of 4 days now, he has been making loud growling sounds and licking his penis/ urine area.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: He seems to be very sensitive, wont let me touch his penis area or tummy. thats not normal for him. His name is ***** ***** years old, nuetered american shorthair, orange tabby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sebastian?
Customer: I video taped him, is there a way I can share it with you. He is in pain. I pour some water close to his penis and he seemed to not mind it
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Can you also answer some questions for me?
1) Has Sebastian ever had a urinary tract infection before?
2) Has he been blocked?
3) Is he visiting the litter box frequently?
4) When did he last urinate for certain?