Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian

Wow, that's surprising So I have a diabetic cat.

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: Wow, that's surprising So I have a diabetic cat. Unfortunately we discovered this pretty late and although he seemed fine, the vet wanted upwards of 1000 per week to keep him going
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry the cat has that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: hes been fine(ish) drinking lots of water and a hearty appetite with some weight loss. In the past couple days hes been extremely lethargic, has a swollen left cheek and eye is partially shut with clear discharge. He doesnt seem to want to drink or eat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about ish?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** hes about 13
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Rascal is so sick tonight.

So it sounds like he has two problems- diabetes and facial swelling. Does this sound right?

What specific questions do you have?