Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have had a rescue cat for a week got her over her stress

Customer Question

I have had a rescue cat for a week got her over her stress but today she is vomiting and her poo is green and slimy very smelly. What do I do please
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No vet told me to give her chicken. Had to giver her injections last Tuesday
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Callie about 12-14 months, 2.04kg
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Callie?
Customer: No just that she is beautiful and stolen my heart. I had to have my pal put down in June because of his kidneys and I'm scared for Callie Tippie was 18
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

Bless you for saving a rescue kitty!

Green, slimy poo can be caused by a GI upset, stress or bad bacteria.

Give Callie one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Remove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.To cure diarrhea add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to each can or jar.

Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.

Also give her a half tsp a day of plain yogurt every day for "good" bacteria

If she gets dehydrated give her tuna water drained from the can.

She will need to be wormed in 3 weeks to kill hatching eggs.

Please let me know how she is doing .

I am so very sorry for your loss of dear Tippie. You gave him a wonderful 18 years of love and devotion.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri