Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Dark yellow urine, lethargic, and lost weigh. But he is

Customer Question

Dark yellow urine, lethargic, and lost weigh. But he is eating a little.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: A Mane Coon cat about 5 years old that had shots as a young cat but lives in and out of at least 3 neighbors, including me.
JA: What is the coon cat's name?
Customer: Lifhtning
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lifhtning?
Customer: Sorry - " Lightening."
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry you are worried about Lightening.

The dark urine can indicate dehydration, jaundice, infection, or internal bleeding.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Weight loss, lethargy and poor appetite are not specific for any one illness. Can you take his temperature? If you look at his gums, are the pink, or pale, or yellow tinged?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

If I could, the place I would start is a thorough physical examination, check his temperature, etc. If his gums look pale at all, I would test him for feline leukemia virus.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my responses! I have not heard from you. Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?