Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I am fostering a 7-10 day old orphaned kitten. She is eating

Customer Question

I am fostering a 7-10 day old orphaned kitten. She is eating fine with the foster mama cat, but this morning, i noticed a hard, movable mass in her lower abdomen. Was planning to get her to vet this afternoon, but any idea would that could be?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sharon,

Bless you for fostering this baby!

Are you sure she is female? What you are feeling may be an undescended testicle if the kitten is male or a hermathrodite.

As long as she is eating and eliminating normally this is not an emergency but I would have your vet take a loo.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.
Hi Sharon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sharon Barclay. How is everything going?