PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

Previously I asked about my cat's eye almost closed. Took

Customer Question

Previously I asked about my cat's eye almost closed. Took him to the vet and am applying ointment three times a day for two and a half days. Now the eye looks swollen and red. I will send another picture. Do you think he should go back to the vet? I'm worried.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) That does look very swollen. Can you attach a picture of the eye straight on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is a pic
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pic attached

My goodness. Poor kitty. I think your best approach here would be to have a recheck exam done, for sure. You can apply a cool compress to help reduce the swelling but that most certainly is not a normal symptom following treatment of an ocular concern.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Checking in, Esther. How is your companion doing?