PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My13 year old Bengal has a lump on his left side it is round

Customer Question

My13 year old Bengal has a lump on his left side it is round about half the size of a small marble in size
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the Bengal's name?
Customer: Leopold
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leopold?
Customer: No
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did this lump appear?
2) Can you share a picture showing this location?
3) When was your companion last vaccinated?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
About 2-3 weeks ago,it's on his side between the ribs and his hind leg. He was vaccinated about 5years ago and he is an indoor cat

Typically I would be concerned about a vaccine reaction, but 5 years is plenty of time for something like this to have resolved if it was related to vaccines. At 13 years of age, we do need to be worried about cancer. It's not uncommon for elderly cats to have bumps here and there and if it isn't growing in size or appearance, it may be satisfactory to wait and watch to see if it changes. I would still recommend having a vet examine it. Failing this, take a picture, keep close tabs on it and if you see any changes, ulcerations, growth, etc. it most certainly needs to be examined by your vet. At 13, he's not too old to have this removed now and a histopathology performed to determine what this is.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800