Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My 11 year old siamese ( neutered male) woke up this morning

Customer Question

My 11 year old siamese ( neutered male) woke up this morning unable to stand. His movements are very jerky. He's going in for blood work tomorrow morning. He doesn't have a urinary blockage, no pain on palpation. He purrs and wants attention. Also, his pupils are huge. Totally inside cat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the siamese's name?
Customer: Sophie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?
Customer: He isn't overweight, had a friend who is a vet tech check him out, to make sure he stable enough to wait until tomorrow
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry your boy is not feeling well.

It is possible he has an ear infection that upset his equilibrium. It can make hi feel unbalanced, dizzy and disoriented.

The feeling is similar to our motion sickness.

Give him 13.5 mg of dramamine to relieve the symptoms.

Please let me know if that helps.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,