Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat got a spider trap stuck on his hind foot. i got it

Customer Question

my cat got a spider trap stuck on his hind foot . i got it off but how can Iget the remaining glue off?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is CATA and she is three years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about CATA?
Customer: She under went nasal surgery for nasal obstruction when she wasaix months old.
Category: Cat
Expert:  CalCatDoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

Can you tell me the brand name of this spider trap so I can get product information?

I need to know the specific product so that I can give you correct advice. I am not sure they all use the same glue.

Hello?

Since you don't seem to be online anymore and I will be unavailable in a few more minutes I am going to release this question back to the pool and someone else can help you out. Good luck!

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. The good news is this glue is typically not toxic. Usually you can dissolve the glue stuck on her fur with heavy application of vegetable cooking oil or mineral oil, work it in for a few minutes and then you wash it off with the likes of Dawn washing up soap and rinse well. You may need to repeat the process a couple of times but it will come off in the end.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.