Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She has pooped in the living twice in the last week. today

Customer Question

she has pooped in the living twice in the last week. today she went where she had a loose bowel movement last week. today it was normal.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: smokey 4 years she adopted us a year ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about smokey?
Customer: she has allergies anmd takes shots once a week
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry Smokey is not feeling well.

What is the cause of her allergies?

What foods does she eat?

How many episodes of diarrhea have there been?

Any new foods or stress lately?

Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

When a cat has diarrhea she avoids he box because she is afraid she will step in it.

Go out and get a few jars of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic. Add one tablespoon of infant rice cereal or boiled white rice to each jar. Feed only that till her stool is normal for 48 hours.

In addition, give her one half tsp a day of plain yogurt for good bacteria.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,