Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He had gotten sick took him to the vet said he was

Customer Question

He had gotten sick took him to the vet said he was dehydrated gave him fluids in 2 sections now his pelt has lifted away from the injection sites and I'm not sure what to do. The vet wants me to bring him in and said maybe he needs stiches, I don't think she understands that he has a pelt
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Leapold almost 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Leapold?
Customer: I really want to know if it will heal by itself I don't believe stitching is the answer
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry Leapold wass having some trouble.

By a "pelt"are you referring to the pouch of fluids under his skin?

How much fluid did he get?

Was it more than 200?

why was he dehydrated? Not eating/drinking?

diganosis of illness?

What and when did he eat last?

Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.

SubQ fluids are injected under the skin to hydrate the patient. The "pouch" is a reservoir, so to speak that disburses the fluids over a 30 hour period. The standard dose is 150 - 300 depending on the degree of dehydration.The pouch is not stitched in place.

Please reply and elaborate on your questions so I can get a clear picture of your concerns.

Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri