PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My cat of 6 months and pregnant however they are all down

Customer Question

My cat of 6 months and pregnant however they are all down below what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: She looks really skinny however she is eating drinking and playing still
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Can you clarify your concern for me. I understand that your cat is 6 months and pregnant, what is going on that is concerning you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They are all down low to the point of I can feel them developing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just need to know if I need to terminate them or leave her to it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello are you ther

Do you know how far along in her pregnancy she is? Do you know when she was bred?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She got pregnant about 4/5 weeks ago I think, they feel like kitten size inside her if that helps

Many cats will have movement over where the young are located the closer to term they become. If she is otherwise having no issues, there should be no reason to terminate the pregnancy. I would let her continue on and address it if medical issues do arise. It sounds like she is otherwise healthy.

That being said, she is still a baby herself. She needs to be spayed after she has her kitten(s) and they need to be altered before reaching 4 months of age or they will be able to breed within the litter.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: