PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My cat walkthrough latex floor paint. The pain is right now

Customer Question

My cat walkthrough latex floor paint. The pain is right now and I'm getting ready to go out, and I'm thinking it may be dangerous for him. Do I need to do something now?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: No, I was painting the basement floor and didn't notice he was walking through it. I was in a hurry and completely forgot to get him out of the room.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Beetle Bailey, age 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?
Customer: No
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Latex paint is most often non-toxic to people and to pets. That said, it would be wise to keep him from ingesting it. If you are able, wash it off with soap and water from the areas that have paint on them. You can do this with a wet wash cloth with soap and spot cleaning, if he doesn't have many soiled areas.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is your companion doing?