Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Cat's back legs are suddenly unsteady and wobbly.

Customer Question

My cat’s back legs suddenly have developed unsteadiness and wobbly. He is eating fine, purring, snuggling and playing with his catnip toy. I have felt everywhere and he doesn’t appear to be in any discomfort anywhere. His name is Tobi Tyler and he is 7 year old.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.
It is possible Toby has an ear infection causing a vestibular disorder.This is similar to human motion sickness because t affects his middle ear and equilibrium. It can make him feel unbalanced and dizzy.
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/vestibularsyndrome.cfm
If this is the case you can give him 13.5 mg of dramamine to relieve his symptoms. Other possibilities would be a disc or vertebra issue BUT that would cause him to have pain. Please let me know how he is later.