Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

She's dribbling pee a lot, licking a lot. Her nd legs are

Customer Question

she's dribbling pee a lot, licking a lot. Her hind legs are all wet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: no
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Leia 7yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Leia?
Customer: she is overweight and spayed
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Leia. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has Leia been dribbling urine like this? Is she walking normally; do her hind legs work?

Is she drinking any more water than she usually does?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't noticed her drinking more...she did drink out of the toilet for a while until i caught her, now i keep the seat down. she is walking normally...seems normal otherwise...my daughter said she's been dribbling about a week that she's noticed
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

Dribbling urine can be from drinking too much water, and that can be caused by things like diabetes, or kidney disease. If she is not drinking more, she might have a bladder infection, or bladder stones.

Another possibility is that she has lost nerve function to her bladder, so that the urine just drips out of her. This is a condition called urinary incontinence.

If she were my own cat, I might start with a urinalysis to check for crystals or infection in her urine. If that is normal, I might take an Xray of her spine to see if there is any abnormality that might cause incontinence.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you saw my response. How is Leia doing? Can I answer any more of your questions?