nekovet, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on any species.

She has kidney disease diagnost in mar...were hydrating her

Customer Question

she has kidney disease diagnost in mar...were hydrating her 2-3 times a her cdb's...highblood pressure medicine and something for acid stomach...she still walks around lap sits eats...but today shes had 2 seizures...maybe 5 hours apart
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: tanya and shes a lil o'lady...18
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tanya?
Customer: thats pretty much it...she likes to be on my lap when i play xbox lol oh yeah...had a vitamin b shot today...last one was 2 weeks ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I am very sorry to hear that Tanya has has these signs despite your thorough care. In regards ***** ***** for her seizures alongside her history, we'd be worried that the accumulating metabolites/toxins in her blood from her poor kidney filtration are climbing despite the fluids being given. Therefore, it would be ideal to ring her vet now about dosing with fluids again now or even considering having her see for IV fluids. And if she is seen, they can just ensure there are no other issues (ie brain bleeds, tumors, etc) playing a role here.

Otherwise, you may wish to have them recheck her bloods to see how much this has progressed. As well, you may want to discuss trying toxin binding medications (ie Azodyl), medications to improve kidney function (ie Semintra, Benazepril) +/- phosphate binders. These can all help better manage kidney disease and reduce this type of side effect. So, we'd want to at least ring her vet about this sign of deterioration to address this and prevent any more seizures for her.

All the best,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )