PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

He is acting real lethargic. Doesn't want to eat or drink

Customer Question

He is acting real lethargic. Doesn't want to eat or drink much. He peed on a pad and the urine what kind of whitish with a black ring around it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** I think he is around 11 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?
Customer: He had pneumonia when he was younger a real bad case of it after we had it fixed but other than that he's been healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question. Can you share a picture of the urine? Does he normally urinate on a pad?

Has he had any urinary issues in the past? Any vomiting or diarrhea now? Is he straining to urinate at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is a couple of pictures on the pad as part of his litter box. No urinary problem in the past no diarrhea or vomiting right now but he does seem to vomit at least once a week
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Doesn't seem to want to eat or drink much so yesterday we started spoon-feeding some baby food and they were starting to give him water with a syringe

This almost looks like mud on the outskirts of the circle. Because it appears to be associated with the urine, I would err on the side of caution and have him seen by your vet. If this indicates that there is sludge in his bladder, this will also explain his desire not to eat or drink and probably also the weekly vomiting. These can become major issues very quickly and result in the cat being unable to pee (which is then a life-threatening concern).

The ER this evening would not be a bad idea, but if he's still urinating on his own without complication you should be able to wait until morning unless he worsens.

More info here:

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.