Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years

The question on the chewed on baby bunny.

Customer Question

the question on the chewed on baby bunny. killed 3 total and now is lethargic, sleeping all the time. not himself at all. eats if I bring food up and does dring but laing around like he isn't well
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: 16
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about 16?
Customer: he as been just fine and very healthy always..... thewordwas drink
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. I just came online and saw your question.

Can you take his temperature with a thermometer? It sounds like he could have a fever. There is a disease that rabbits can carry, a bacterial infection. It is called Tularemia and is common in my area; I see it a lot. It causes high fever, lethargy, and enlarged lymph nodes. The good news is that it can be treated with antibiotics; the bad news is that it can be fatal unless antibiotics are started soon. The other bad news is that people can get Tularemia.

Depending where you live, this might not be Tularemia, but I would not take a chance. I would have him checked out and if he has a fever get him started on antibiotics today.

Please let me know how he is doing and if I can answer any other questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! Please let me know how he is doing and what other questions I can answer.