Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

We have a feral cat in the yard that seemed to have been

Customer Question

hi we have a feral cat in the yard that seemed to have been attacked by flies. it looks like maggots. i cleaned them out , washed him and but bactiraineon the wounds. he seems ok but his stomach looks bloated
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: no bleeding. there were maggots in his penis but i took them out and disinfected. it was red/bloody
JA: Phew. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: baby kitten we found outside and needed to help
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: prince
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Prince?
Customer: his eyes were shut many mornings but i used antibiotics i had for my own cat, seems ok now. the skin around the eyes is reddish
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Bless you for helping Prince.

His tummy is either bloated from worms or malnutrition.

I am glad you got rid of the maggots. You can use honey on the wounds.

You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Get an OTC wormer like excel or profender, worm him once now and again in 3 weeks.

Feed him small meals frequently until his tummy gets use to eating regularly.

www.catinfo.org

Apply damp teabags to his eyes. The tanic acid n the tea will sooth and promote healing.

Please let me know how he's doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri