Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Cat is peeing blood and also outside of litter box. Only

Customer Question

Cat is peeing blood and also outside of litter box. Only peeing a bit. Not voiding completely.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Jinx. 9 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jinx?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is Jinx a male or female cat?

Any change in appetite?

Any vomiting?

If you cup your hand under his abdomen, do you feel a large, round mass, or does he seem painful?