PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I feed my cats last night a can of fancy feast cat food.

Customer Question

I feed my cats last night a can of fancy feast cat food. This morning I went to get there bowls to wash and I notice they have each only eaten half the bowl of food. When I go to rake out the food and wash their bowls I find that there are maggots in the cat food. The maggots appear to be dead. One of my cats is old and the other cat is younger. What should I do now?😰
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Precious is my oldest cat 12 or 13 years. Rooftop is probably 7 to 9 years, she was originally my brother's cat. He had her when he rescued her as a kitten. I got her when had to move out of his apartment. she was a young but not a kitten anymore.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Precious?
Customer: Precious is a cross between a coon cat and rag doll breed. When I got him. I found him on my doorstep as a very young kitten. In the past 2 years he will stop eating. I was told it could be because he is older, when I took him to the vet last year for shots. The previous year I needed to take him to an emergency veterinarian because he was not his self not eating or drinking. So I on guard with to make sure he is at least eating something once a day or drink water. This the first time I ever opened a can in the evening for them in a long time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern.

The fastest result here will be obtained from contacting the company. Chances are that your cats didn't want to eat the food because it tasted off.. If the feel unwell, they may need to seen a veterinarian and symptomatic treatment started.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Hi, JACustomer. Checking in. How is your companion doing?