Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

The cat has been having trouble urinating. My daughter just

Customer Question

The cat has been having trouble urinating. My daughter just massaged his belly and the cat passed a worm. It was about an inch long, white with a dark mass at both ends.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Gollum. He is about 3-4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gillum?
Customer: Extremely nervous personality. We try to reduce stress for him as much as possible. He has been having trouble with urination off and on for about 5 months now. Every time we think we have to take him to the vet, he gets better and nothing happens for a while. Because he's so prone to nerves we don't want to take him out of the house if we can help it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Is Gollum and indoor cat only?
2) What flea prevention is Gollum receiving?
3) Was the worm alive or dead?
4) Any pics of the worm?

Hi, JACustomer. Checking in. How is your companion doing?