Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

6 yr old female cat vomiting foam. She throws up after

Customer Question

6 yr old female cat vomiting white foam. She throws up after eating sometimes, but has been vomiting this foam off and on about 5-6 times today
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I saw. Regular food and a couple treats
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Bug
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bug?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry Bug is not feeling well. Throwing up white foam means she is swallowing her own saliva. That is an indication of nausea.

Give her one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours.

Remove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.

Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.

If she gets dehydrated give her tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how she is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you! Will run to the store for Pepcid now.
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. It will not close or conversation.

I will still be here for you at no additional charge

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?