PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My pregnant cat seemed to only have given birth to 1 kitten

Customer Question

My pregnant cat seemed to only have given birth to 1 kitten When I woke up this morning. Is it possible it's just the 1 or could she be in labor for a while?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: No the 1 kitten seems fine, the "mama" is with it, but she still looks pregnant. Not quite settled, but not acting in real distress, except maybe breathing a little faster.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

Both are possible. Some cats will delay delivery enough to be able to fully care for one kitten before producing others. As well, she could have only had a single kitten. It's more likely that she will have more, so keep a close eye on her for other signs of labor including nesting, contractions, etc.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Hi, JACustomer. Checking in. How are things with your companion going?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy